The Nicholasville Fire Department opens its application process when vacancies occur. Applications are not kept on file for future openings.
General qualifications and requirements for firefighters:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must pass a written test
- Must pass a physical agility test
- Must pass background and reference checks
- If offered employment, must pass a physical exam
Nicholasville Fire Department is not currently taking applications.
For other positions within the city, please contact the city's human resources director, Kathy Rhineheimer, at 859-885-1121 or email@example.com to find out about openings in this or other city departments.